Ozone Zephyr V5 17M Kitesurf Kite Complete w/Bag, Bar, Lines, and Pump
Making Light Wind Riding a Breeze
The Zephyr has always been a ground breaking kite – without doubt it was the first light wind specific kite on the market that delivered both performance and handling, the new V5 continues that legacy. Renowned for incredibly nimble handling, ease of use and the ability to have fun in low winds – all while giving you the possibility to continue riding when the wind increases, this sets the Zephyr apart from its competitors.
The V5 is more stable than previous versions offering a smoother feeling on the bar. Add to that fast handling with a tight radius turn you have a 17m kite that handles like a 13m which translates to more fun in light winds. The new plan form has a straighter Leading Edge, which increases the kites drive and acceleration through the turn – this helps generate power, fast handling and engaged kite loops.
The Zephyr V5 is perfect for cruising, jumping, air style, honing strapless airs or learning handle passes. The boost is impressive and floaty, with instant power delivery and superior up-wind performance. Re-launch is quick and easy by turning the bar or using the Re-launch Balls on the leader lines.
Ultra-strong lightweight bladders reduce weight and improve light wind performance for lighter steering and faster handling. The 4-line pulley less bridle system keeps things simple, while our proven front-line flag out ensures a complete stop of power from the kite when the quick-release is activated.
There is no question that the Zephyr V5 will get you out there enjoying whatever aspect of kiting you prefer on the day. It’s the perfect light wind addition to your quiver, or if you often ride in light winds and are looking for an all-round one-kite quiver the Zephyr V5 is the kite for you.
- Designed with OZ-CAD – All Ozone kites are designed and developed using highly advanced custom built CAD software.
- Teijin TechnoForce D2 & Teijin Dacron – Teijin TechnoForce D2 canopy material and Teijin Dacron for the L.E. & Struts
- One-Pump Inflation System – The One Pump inflation system enables quick and easy setup with single point inflation of the kite. All Struts are connected to the Leading Edge via inflation points – air will flow through the hose to inflate the entire kite. Clips seal the hose connecting the Struts and Leading Edge to prevent unwanted airflow in case of damage.
- Back-line trimming options – Customize your handling and bar pressure with the back line bridle attachments. Closer to the Leading Edge for slower turn speed and more bar pressure, or closer to the Trailing Edge for faster turn speed and less bar pressure.
- Fool proof line connectors – Fool proof, color coded and numbered line connectors prevent incorrect rigging of the flying lines to the kite.
- Direct Connect Struts – Our Direct Connect construction method improves load distribution between the Leading Edge, Struts and Canopy. The Struts are connected directly to the Leading Edge with internal reinforcements and external webbing. This unique construction method ensures clean profiles are maintained with the optimum canopy tension.
- Internal reinforcements – What’s on the inside counts too – All Ozone kites are internally reinforced for improved strength and durability; such as a Double layered Dacron + Insignia taped Leading Edge closing seam with high strength threads.
- Low profile aerodynamic Scuff Pads – Leading Edge bumpers are often large and unnecessary cosmetic items. At Ozone we build our kites for performance and durability using the best materials & components available. Any areas requiring scuff protection we use a lightweight durable material with superior abrasion resistance, while keeping a low profile in order to reduce drag and maintain performance.
- Reinforced Trailing Edge – Double layer Teijin D2 Trailing Edge strip with an internal light weight Dyneema reinforcement – this reduces canopy wear and helps to maintain optimum Trailing Edge tension as designed. The Dyneema line also reduces any potential stretch at the Trailing Edge.
- Exceptional Ozone Factory Construction – World-class construction in the Ozone factory, using the highest quality materials and hand checked Quality Control at every step.
- 4-line Pulley-less System – NO pulleys, NO problems. We design all our inflatable kites without pulleys, to inherit the unique Ozone feeling and performance across our range.
- High volume inflate/deflate valve – A high volume valve makes inflation and deflation quick and easy. Pumping is a breeze thanks to the high airflow rate, while the internal seal engages to stop any air coming out under pressure. Unscrew the bottom of the valve to deflate and pack your kite with ease.
- Anti-Snag Line Deflectors – The Anti-Snag line deflectors prevent bridles and lines from tangling around the wing tip. Safety is increased when launching with a partner and water re-launch is made easier.
- Unique bladder construction – Ozone bladders are constructed in-house with advanced custom built welding machines. Double layered sections are applied to any potential wear areas.
- Double Stitched Folded Seams – Sail canopy seams are stitched, folded, and then stitched again for a clean and strong connection of the panels.
- Load Distribution Panels – Dacron reinforcements are used on all loaded areas for enhanced load distribution. This means all loads are spread evenly into the sail ensuring the kite flies and performs at its best.
- Reinforced Leading Edge and Struts – The Leading Edge and Struts are reinforced in high stress areas to ensure the kite canopy remains in shape and performs at its best.
Contact Water Control System
The Contact Water Control System offers a clean control bar design, with simple safety and an easy-to-use trimming system. The Control System exceeds all Kitesurf/Snowkiting loading and release EU NORM safety standards.
Megatron Quick Release – The control system features Ozone’s proven Megatron quick release safety with total flag out of the kite. Easy re-assembly saves time and gets you back up and riding faster.
Low Friction Centre Piece – The control bar features a low friction aluminum centre piece designed to reduce trim line wear.
Auto Positioning Chicken Loop – Designed in conjunction with the bar centre piece, the Megatron spinning handle allows chicken loop auto positioning, offering easy unhooked riding and hooking back in.
Magnetic trim handle – The Magnetic trim handle connects to a magnetic neoprene sock covering the clam cleat, to reduce tangles when the trimmer is de-powered.
PU Covered trim line & cast stainless steel de-power ring – The tough PU covered trim significantly reduces wear when sheeting in and out, whilst the smooth running de-power ring also prevents trim line wear.
Longer Foam Floats – The longer foam floats provide improved protection from the lines.
The Contact Water Control System bar sizes come in 45cm, 50cm and 55cm. The larger size PU chicken loop (sold separately) is perfect for riders with longer arms or for riders wanting even easier hooking in & out.
Contact Water Control System Features
- Megatron Quick Release chicken loop
- Auto positioning chickenloop for easier unhooked riding
- Wide mouth loop for effortless unhooking and hooking back in
- Easily untangle your middle lines using the spinning handle
- Standard Flag Out or Expert riders leash connection ring
- 45/50/55cm Bar with low friction centre piece
- Lightly sanded EVA grip and ergonomic finger grip bumps give you the ultimate bar grip
- Hideaway elastic line retainers
- Clam cleat de-power trimmer with cast Stainless Steel de-power bracket
- Magnetic trim handle system reduces tangles when trimmer is de-powered
- Wear resistant PU covered trim line
- Longer foam floats with internal back line trimming
- In line bar stopper ball for flag out safety system
- Colour coded leader lines & 300kg flying lines
- The system exceeds all Kitesurf/Snowkiting loading and release EU NORM safety standards