The WASP (Wing Assisted Surf/Snow/Skate Propulsion) is a kite wing that crosses easily from water, land, or snow. It offers easy power for anything that rolls, slides, planes, or glides. Use it with your skateboard, mountain board, skis, snowboard, SUP, windsurf, or foil board. Simple, quick, and a whole lot of fun!
Ozone concentrated on making the WASP easy to fly and handle. The large size leading edge creates stability and reduces flex and also helps develop power at low speeds to get you moving sooner. The enlarged strut provides direct angle of attack control, as flex is minimal offering a solid and controlled feeling.
- Power Handles – Multiple Power Handles on the leading edge and strut have been positioned to cover many options, providing maximum control and comfort while riding.
- De-power Handle – The streamline De-Power Handle at the front of the leading edge completely de-powers the wing for total control when carving downwind in swell or when carrying the wing.
- Direct Connect Strut – Ozone’s Direct Connect construction method improves load distribution between the leading edge, strut and canopy; this construction method ensures clean profiles are maintained with the optimum canopy tension. The strut is connected directly to the leading edge with internal and external reinforcements.
- Wrist Leash – The comfortable wrist leash attaches to you and the leading edge of the wing. If you become overpowered or lose control, let go of the wing and it will de-power on the wrist leash line.
- Internal Reinforcements – What’s on the inside counts too – internal reinforcements for improved strength and durability; such as a Double layered Dacron + Insignia taped leading edge closing seam with high strength threads.
- Double Stitched Folded Seams – Sail canopy seams are stitched, folded, and then stitched again for a clean and strong connection of the panels.
- Reinforced Trailing Edge – Double layer Teijin D2 Trailing Edge strip with an internal light weight Dyneema reinforcement – this reduces canopy wear and helps to maintain optimum trailing edge tension as designed. The Dyneema line also reduces any potential stretch at the trailing edge.
- Low Profile Aerodynamic Scuff Pads – Leading edge bumpers are often large and unnecessary cosmetic items. Ozone builds their kites and wings for performance and durability using the best materials and components available. Any areas requiring scuff protection – a lightweight durable material with superior abrasion resistance is used, while keeping a low profile in order to reduce drag and maintain performance.
- Unique Bladder Construction – Ozone bladders are constructed in-house with advanced custom built welding machines. Double layered sections are applied to any potential wear areas.
- One-Pump Inflation System – The One Pump inflation system enables quick and easy setup with single point inflation of the wing. Note: there is no closure clip on the one pump hose as the wing should be packed in case of leading edge or strut deflation.
- High Volume Inflate/Deflate Valve – A high volume valve makes inflation and deflation quick and easy. Pumping is a breeze thanks to the high airflow rate, while the internal seal engages to stop any air coming out under pressure. Unscrew the bottom of the valve to deflate and pack with ease.
- Wrist Leash