The 2018 Crazyfly Cruiser LW was, is, and always will be the ultimate lightwind machine. The name sums it up perfectly: Cruising around, having fun and enjoying the ride even in the lightest winds. But of course, this board can handle a lot more than that. Due to its unique core construction and extremely light layers of fiberglass, the Cruiser LW can also be seriously abused. The very well balanced medium flex of this board suits intermediate and advanced riders, it rides comfortably in choppy waters and the flat rocker and inverted outline ensure that it is an incredible lightwind board.
The Cruiser LW has assymetric fins position. The fins are positioned on the heel edge of the tips and in the center of the tips. Due to the asymmetric fin position, the fins stay in the water all the time and provide better upwind ability of the Cruiser LW.
The 2018 Cruiser LW – light wind machine.
- Medium Flex – Provides enough comfort and extra bits of performance.
- Flat Bottom – This bottom shape has superior gliding performance.
- Inverted Outline – Inverted outline saves weight in the center of the board and creates more surface area on the tips where the board is mostly in contact with water when edging. You get the best of both worlds, optimized weight and large tips surface area for the ultimate light wind performance.
- Great pop – You can still squeeze great amounts of pop from this board, even though it is not the pop machine.
- Multiaxial Fiber Glass – Due to multiaxial fibers the board has more flex in torsion and still remains very strong, as the fibers reinforce the board in multiple directions.
- CNC Shaped Wood Core – Core is one of the most essential elements in every kiteboard, therefore only the finest selection wood cores are chosen for all CrazyFly kiteboards. To have precisely shaped cores of highest quality, they use a CNC machine to cut the outline and drill holes of all cores.
- Light Up Sidewalls – Yet another innovation from CrazyFly designers on all twin tip boards. The Light Up rails are transparent and literally light up when the sun shines in. These high-tech urethane side walls are a synergy of two polymers directly bonded with the wood core. As a result, Synergy side walls have extremely high impact and abrasive resistance. Due to the innovative production process, Synergy side walls are second to none when it comes to durability and performance on the water.
- Razor fins – These fins are Razor sharp. CrazyFly has designed them with a very thin profile to cut easily through water, prevent drag and make the boards faster.
- Hexa Bindings – The Hexa Binding provides unlimited adjustability to accommodate all foot shapes and sizes, while offering unmatched comfort and board feel. The Hexa footpad can be moved in six directions: up and down, left and right, and also angled clockwise and counter clockwise. The Hexa footstrap offers a wide range of quick and easy adjustments of the footstrap size, adjustable on four points for the best possible fit. The range of adjustability also allows for comfortable use of neoprene boots. The footstrap position can also be adjusted via the Quattro Stix, which allow the footstrap to be moved towards the heel or towards the toes. In addition to all the adjustments, there is also a Heel Suspension Infix with triple density EVA foam for the ultimate in comfort and durability.
- Allround Bindings – The Crazyfly Allround Bindings are an excellent choice for a comfortable pad and strap kit that is very easy to mount and remove, adjust, and will last. The pads are the most comfortable kiteboard footpad out there while maintaining strength and cohesion even after seasons of use. Toe grip, enhanced arch support, and the ability to fine-tune stance angle make these pads the number one choice. Super light-weight, Dual Density EVA foam padding provides all the support you could ever ask for, and it lasts! The straps are very light weight and very simple to micro-adjust with velcro. Because you can take out the end-blocks on both sides, it’s always a snap to put these on a board without having to fold, compress, hold, and strain the strap in a curved shape while trying to screw it in at the same time. You can make the size adjustments from both sides to center the padding where you want it on the top of your foot.
Cruiser LW board complete includes:
- 5cm Fins
- Hexa Bindings OR Allround Bindings (see descriptions above; also note price difference when ordering)
Also available in “deck only” option with fins, handle, and hardware. Just choose “None” for bindings selection above.